Contribution of microfinance on women empowerment case study of Vision Finance company ltd Nyaruguru
par Albert RUTAYISIRE
Protestant institute of arts and social sciences - Bachelor's degree in Business studies with education 2016
According to Krlinger, (1978, 1964), an interview refers to the conversation in which the researcher tries to get information from the interviewer. One of the methods of collecting data is to interview the respondents to obtain information on the issue of interest.
With help of interviews, the researcher conducted face to face interviews with respondents. It should be mentioned that the interviewer direct each question to the interviewee at a timewhile recording the information on a prepared paper for each question asked. The interview is chosen as one of the best instrument of research due to its flexibility and the way of getting responses quickly as an advantageous way to the researcher in terms of receiving information.
According to Williams and Grinnell, (1990:p219), Documentation search is any written materials that may be used as a source of information about the subject. In this research published text to obtain secondary data were used. The different authors were used to gather the required information which is related to microfinance and women empowerment.
Nachimias D. and Nichimias C., 1976: 143) argue that data processing and analysis involves the transformation of data gathered from the field into a systematic categories and the transformation of these categories into codes to enable quantitative analysis and tabulation; the data collected was classified into a meaningful manner for easy interpretation and understanding. This involves preparing data collected into some useful, clear and understandable data.
While for the first hand information the researcher has summarized the recorded interview (discussion). Data processing involves editing, coding, tabulation and finally data analysis.
According to Pelosi et al (2001), this involves checking all questions in order to discover errors and remove unnecessary information. Here effort were made by the researcher to reduce errors that could come out during the course of research process, hence creates better ground for coding and tabulation.
According to Saldaña and Johnny,(2015).Coding is an analytical process in which data, in both quantitative form (such as questionnaires results) or qualitative (such as interview transcripts) is categorized to facilitate analysis.
After the process of coding, all information was put into statistical tables showing the number of occurrences of respondents in particular question. The research presented in calculated percentages, after tabulation data were analyzed and summarized in accordance with the objective of study.
During this research, some constrains were encountered and these include the following:
· Lack of enough financial resources for carrying out the research work, which did not allow the researcher to arrive at each VFC client. but the institution should provide some fund that can help researchers to make accurate research.
· Luck of enough documentation, it is better that PIASS should facilitate the graduates to access online library (books) for their research.
· Lack full access on internet
· Lack of enough time, employees were busy with day to day activities and had no time to help the researcher, the institutions should provide enough time to facilitate the researcher in gathering information on time.
· Illiteracy given that the study was conducted in microfinance having clients that are especially low income earner and with low level of education. Some clients failed to express themselves for some of the study attributes as required.
9Impact, le film from Onalukusu Luambo on Vimeo.